Caroline started in our Delivery team nearly two years ago. She now works in Marketing and is an expert in all things digital. We sat down over a cup of milky Earl Grey (just how she likes it) to find out more about her life at GAIL’s, and what she spreads on her toast.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
My alarm goes off at 7, enough time to watch the news over a cup of coffee.
2. How do you take your coffee?
Filter in the morning, but I prefer to sip Earl Grey throughout the afternoon.
3. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Our oat milk porridge, topped with maple syrup, blueberries and seeds.
4. How long have you been working for GAIL’s?
I joined in April 2017 as part of the Delivery team and moved across to the Marketing team as Digital Marketing Executive last January.
5. What’s the first food you remember loving as a child?
Cheese and pickle sandwiches.
6. Have you ever baked bread? How did it go?
I’ve baked bread before, but not since working at GAIL’s – I can’t compete with a 25-year-old sourdough starter.
7. What does the smell of freshly baked bread remind you of?
Home, comfort and feeling peckish.
8. What do you spread on your toast?
Crunchy peanut butter and slices of banana.
9. What is the best part of your day?
Taking photos of our food, then eating it.
10. What’s in your ultimate sandwich?
Fish fingers, buttered thick white bread, plenty of tartar and a squeeze of lemon – unbeatable.
11. If we could give you a lifetime supply of anything from GAIL’s, what would that be?
Christmas Buns, hot from the oven, all year round.
12. Our bread is made with three primary ingredients. Four if you include time. What are the main ingredients in your life and work, concrete or abstract?
Good food, good company, time spent outdoors and plenty of tea.
13. What would you do for a living, if not this?
I’d love to be a baker.