- What time did you get up this morning?
My alarm goes off at 4:10am, ready for another busy day. I start work at 5am every day.
- How do you take your coffee?
Double espresso in the morning, but sometimes I have a Long Black with cinnamon.
- What do you usually have for breakfast?
Our freshly baked croissants.
- How long have you been working for GAIL’s?
I joined Gail’s in February 2014 as a Senior Baker.
- What’s the first food you remember loving as a child?
I loved the Stollen cake which my mother usually made for Easter. I would always be impatiently waiting for the first slice.
- Have you ever baked bread?
Yes, I love to bake Tiger bread and eat the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- What does the smell of freshly baked bread remind you of?
It reminds me of my Grandmother and the feeling of positivity.
- What do you spread on your toast?
Butter and honey.
- What is the best part of your day?
I enjoy every part of my day but lunchtime is the best, when I watch happy customers eating their lunch that I have prepared.
- What’s in your ultimate sandwich?
Definitely a toasted turkey sandwich on malted wholegrain sourdough.
- If we could give you a lifetime supply of anything from GAIL’s, what would that be?
This is a hard choice as everything is delicious but I will say that the Chocolate Brownie and Mixed Olive Sourdough are my favourites.
- Our bread is made with three primary ingredients. Four if you include time. What are the main ingredients in your life and work, concrete or abstract?
Personality, respect and following the system of life.
- What would you do for a living, if not this?
I would definitely still be working in the food industry because I can’t imagine myself not working closely with food.