In the lead up to our next flower arranging evening with Freddie’s Flowers, we asked their founder, Freddie Garland, our Baker’s Dozen of questions to find out more about life in the world of flora.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. How do you take your coffee?
3. What do you usually have for breakfast?
4. How do you and GAIL’s know each other?
I love GAIL’s and excitingly, we have just started doing flower arranging workshops together.
5. What’s the first food you remember loving as a child?
Proper tomato pasta.
6. Have you ever baked bread? How did that go?
Regretfully, I haven’t.
7. What does the smell of freshly baked bread remind you of?
Freshly baked bread!
8. What do you spread on your toast?
Salted butter and marmalade.
9. For us, bread is the fundamental thing. What’s fundamental for you?
10. What’s in your ultimate sandwich?
Bacon and HP sauce on soft white bread.
11. If we could give you a lifetime supply of anything we make, what would that be?
Any of the mini sandwiches. Yum.
12. We work with three primary ingredients. Six if you include time. What are the main ingredients in your life and work, concrete or abstract?
I have to say flowers again. Radio 2, Radio 6 or LBC. SkyNews. Test cricket. Documentaries. My very lovely wife.
13. What would you do for a living if not this?
I have always wanted to own an independent café… that’s next on the to do list!