When Coffee Meets Ice Cream: An Affogato Recipe
Our coffee guru Jessica has been busy crafting a recipe to make an Affogato at home. Using our new Peruvian decaf, the chocolatey bitterness of the coffee combines perfectly with the sweet, velvety ice cream.
To make 4 affogati (unless you like a lot of coffee):
- 40g Peru Decaf (grind size medium)
- 200 ml hot water
- 4 scoops of Vanilla ice cream
- 80g of honeycomb pieces
This recipe was made with an Aeropress but you can definitely also use a cafetière.
- Pour 80ml of hot water over the ground coffee, saturating the ground evenly.
- Let it ‘bloom’ for 30 seconds. This helps release all of the CO2 left over from roasting, you might even see the coffee bubble a bit.
- Pour the remaining 120g of hot water and stir for another 40 seconds
- Begin to press your Aeropress or pour out the brew from your cafetière into a pouring jug.
- Take 1 generous scoop of vanilla ice cream and place in your glass, pour over 40ml of your DIY espresso
- Finish by crumbling the honeycomb on top.