To celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, we are looking for you to draw or paint a picture of a delicious cake that you would like to give to The Queen to mark the special occasion. Your cake can be as bright and beautiful as you like, think crowns, corgis and all things British.
To join in the fun, you can download our competition template here.
Our judges will be our Head Bakers from GAIL’s, who know a thing or two about bakes! The Head Baker at each bakery will choose one lucky winner from their neighbourhood to enjoy afternoon tea with four friends at GAIL’s. As an extra treat, there will be one overall winner who will take part in an afternoon full of fun, baking delicious food.
The competition is open to all 3-15 year olds. Entries must be delivered in person to your nearest GAIL’s Bakery before we close on Friday 10th June.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. No purchase is necessary to enter the online prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open 31st May – 10th June to UK residents with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. To enter, simply draw or paint a picture of a delicious cake that you would like to give to The Queen to celebrate The Platinum Jubilee
4. Entries must be delivered in person to your nearest GAIL’s Bakery before we close on Friday 10th June
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. The potential winner may be required to provide the Promoter with proof that he/she is the authorised account holder of the user name/account associated with the winning entry.
8. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for non-receipt of entries due to technical problems or network difficulties.
9. There will be one winner chosen from each GAIL’s bakery, who will win afternoon tea at GAIL’s bakery for themselves and four friends (five people in total). The afternoon tea is determined by GAIL’s bakery.
10. The winner, in the opinion of our panel of independent bakery judges, is the most creative and original entry. The winners will be selected and notified by telephone by Friday 17th June 2022. The decision of the judges is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into. The full names of the judges are available on request.
11. There will be one overall winner who will take part in an afternoon full of fun, baking delicious food. This winner will also be selected by our independent bakery panel and is based on creativity and originality. The winner will be selected and notified by telephone by Friday 17th June 2022.
12. The winners will have 14 days to confirm acceptance of their prize otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner. The prize must be redeemed by 30th September 2022.
13. The winner will be notified of their prize by GAIL’s Bakery.
14. By taking part in the Promotion, the winner acknowledges that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the winners’ name and/or image, statements made by the winner concerning the Promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the Promotion.
15. Children aged 15 years or below, must obtain parental or guardian consent before providing any personal data.
16. By entering the competition you confirm that your entry is your own sole and original work and you have not copied or used anyone else’s materials to create your entry.
17. By entering the competition you consent to your entry being featured in local newspapers and, if your entry is declared the winner, you agree that GAIL’s Bakery can use the picture without restriction to feature in any media throughout the world (including to advertise the competition and for future promotions of the Promoter, advertising and marketing campaigns). You agree that GAIL’s has the right to adapt your entry, including editing, deleting, copying, etc) and to transfer your entry to different media formats.
18. For children’s entries, the parents or guardians of the Children agree to all consents detailed in point 17, above, and any additional consents which may be required for the exploitation of a child’s entry by the Promoter.
19. Copyright of all entries will be owned by GAIL’s Bakery.
20. Unfortunately, entries will not be returned.
21. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available.
23. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
24. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest, or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
26. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
27. The Promoter is GAIL’s Bakery, 4-6 Seymour Place, London, W1H 7NA
28. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.