Meet Adriana, our Senior Baker in Queen’s Park. We asked her our Baker’s Dozen of questions to find out more about her day that starts long before the sun rises.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
3:40am every morning as my shift starts at 5:00am.
2. How do you take your coffee?
Double espresso with a glass of hot water and lemon.
3. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Blueberry yogurt with granola.
4. How long have you been working for GAIL’s?
I started on 8th December 2014 and have been working in Queen’s Park since then.
5. What’s the first food you remember loving as a child?
Homemade pancakes with chocolate.
6. Have you ever baked bread? How did that go?
Yes I have, I bake a traditional version of the GAIL’s Barnes Sandwich Loaf.
7. What does the smell of freshly baked bread remind you of?
Childhood weekends at my grandparents’ house.
8. What do you spread on your toast?
Butter and raspberry jam.
9. What is the best part of your day?
Lunch time when I can challenge myself with a busy service.
10. What’s in your ultimate sandwich?
Mozzarella, pesto, rocket and tomato on freshly baked sourdough ciabatta.
11. If we could give you a lifetime supply of anything from GAIL’s, what would that be?
Either the mixed olive sourdough or the granola bar.
12. Our bread is made with three primary ingredients. Four if you include time. What are the main ingredients in your life and work, concrete or abstract?
Discipline, perseverance and hard work.
13. What would you do for a living, if not this?
I would make a good nurse.