Meet Andrea, she’s been working with us for more than seven years. As we have grown, Andrea has grown with us, and she’s now representing GAIL’s as one of our amazing Ops Managers. We asked Andrea a Baker’s Dozen of questions to hear a little bit more about her mornings and life at GAIL’s.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
6am, as I do every morning. I like to start work at 7am to get ahead of the game!
2. How do you take your coffee?
Either a flat white, not too hot, or black with a dash of cold water.
3. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Porridge, with honey, from GAIL’s of course. I live two minutes from our Temple Fortune Bakery.
4. How long have you been working for GAIL’s?
Since 8th October 2011, which was when we had around 5 bakeries!
5. What’s the first food you remember loving as a child?
Brioche with custard made by my grandmother.
6. Have you ever baked bread? How did that go?
Of course! My favourite two to make at home are Banana Bread and French Dark Sourdough.
7. What does the smell of freshly baked bread remind you of?
Childhood and my grandparents.
8. What do you spread on your toast?
Peanut butter at home. Almond butter and strawberry jam at GAIL’s!
9. What is the best part of your day?
Checking displays and experimenting with different layouts to help sell our products.
10. What’s in your ultimate sandwich?
Mozzarella, pesto, rocket salad and tomatoes on ciabatta.
11. If we could give you a lifetime supply of anything from GAIL’s, what would that be?
Pecan brownies or seeded crackers.
12. Our bread is made with three primary ingredients. Four if you include time. What are the main ingredients in your life and work, concrete or abstract?
Hard work, commitment and honesty = job well done!
13. What would you do for a living, if not this?
If I could do anything, I would be doing what I do now ?