We asked Federica, Assistant Manager in Parsons Green, our Baker’s Dozen of questions to find out what food means to her and what life’s like in SW6.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
I wake up at 6.30am every day for work, and my morning always starts with a coffee.
2. How do you take your coffee?
I like an oat milk flat white. I started having oat milk in my coffee when we introduced it at GAIL’s last year.
3. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Either Greek yoghurt with GAIL’s granola or a bowl of cereal with a splash of oat milk.
4. How long have you been working for GAIL’s?
I’ve been at GAIL’s for almost three years now. I started in September 2015 as a Team Member in Notting Hill and since then I’ve grown with GAIL’s, going from Barista to Head Barista and now Assistant Manager in Parsons Green. I’m always ready for a new challenge!
5. What’s the first food you remember loving as a child?
Tiramisù, made by my grandma. It brings back memories of Summers spent with my family in our house in the Italian countryside.
6. Have you ever baked bread? How did that go?
I’m not a good cook but did I try to make pizza dough once… it didn’t go very well. It’s never too late to try again though!
7. What does the smell of freshly baked bread remind you of?
Mornings with my grandma. When I was a child we used to visit the local bakery every morning to buy bread.
8. What do you spread on your toast?
Either avocado, or butter and strawberry jam.
9. What is the best part of your day?
I like mornings the best. I get to catch up with our regular customers in Parsons Green, who I’ve known for years.
10. What’s in your ultimate sandwich?
Hummus, avocado and rocket on our Seeded Sourdough – I love that bread!
11. If we could give you a lifetime supply of anything from GAIL’s, what would that be?
I love Cinnamon Buns, especially first thing in the morning, straight from the oven.
12. Our bread is made with three primary ingredients. Four if you include time. What are the main ingredients in your life and work, concrete or abstract?
My family, travelling and food.
13. What would you do for a living, if not this?
I used to work with children so I’d probably work in a nursery or school.