(Almost) everything you need to make GAIL’s decadent pecan brownies in your kitchen at home — just add butter and eggs and then bake!
The ultimate chocolate brownies with that oh-so desirable gooey centre. Melt, whisk, mix and
bake until your home smells like chocolate. The kit makes 24 gooey brownie squares that taste better shared. We suggest preparing the day before to achieve the ultimate brownies.
YOU WILL NEED
- 20 x 30cm baking tray
- Baking paper
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 170g unsalted butter, cubed plus extra for buttering the baking tray
BAKING KIT CONTENTS
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100g dark chocolate (50% cocoa)
- 200g sugar
- 120g brown sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 45g cocoa powder
- 80g pecans
- One sachet of Cornish flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°. Butter a 20 x 30cm baking tray (with at least 3cm height) and line it with baking paper
- Fill the saucepan with a little water and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Put the butter and chocolate (Bag 1) into a small, heatproof bowl (that will fit snugly on top of a small saucepan)
- Place the bowl with the butter and chocolate over the saucepan, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water, and stir carefully until melted. Set aside to cool slightly. The mixture should be warm, not hot
- In a different mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar
(Bag 2) until the sugar has dissolved. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined, then fold in the flour and cocoa powder (Bag 3), sprinkle in the salt (provided) and stir until you have a smooth, glossy batter
- Pour the brownie mixture into the lined baking tray. Scatter the pecans (Bag 4) across the surface and bake for 20-25 minutes for extra fudgy brownies (like we serve at GAIL’s). If you prefer your brownies a bit more set, bake for a further 5 minutes
- When the brownies are ready, a small crack will have formed around the edges, the centre will still be a little wobbly and a very thin ‘skin’ will appear on the surface
- A skewer pushed into the centre should come out with thick batter drips and will appear almost undercooked, which is an essential part of what makes these brownies so gooey
- Leave the brownies to cool completely in the tin, then cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing and devouring (another essential stage for achieving fudgy brownies). This does demand serious willpower but it’s worth the wait
- This recipe makes very rich brownies so we recommend cutting them into 24 small squares
Check out the step by step video below and show us your bakes #GAILsAtHome.
Or download the recipe card here.
This Bake-At-Home Brownie Kit also makes a great gift. Give the gift of freshly baked brownies, packed with crunchy pecans and chocolate chips, perfect to lift the spirits of any household on a rainy afternoon.
Click here to order online.
More Bake-At-Home kits from GAIL’s: